1. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" in the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.