1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.