1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.