1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
2. While shopping online, it is essential that you spend a little time looking at the site that you will be considering buying from. You will find information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.