1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
2. If a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a coupon code.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are offered to be shipped to you.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.