1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name from the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
3. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
5. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.