1. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
3. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
4. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
5. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.