1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. When you shop online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking into the site that you are currently considering buying from. You can get information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you obtaining the products you probably did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Although it may look tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.