1. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal it is possible to.