1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can lead to savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
3. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your money.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.