1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.
3. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.