1. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as a seller.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.