1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.