1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about online shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.