1. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
2. In case a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.