1. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
2. If you are going to be online shopping, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.