1. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
5. Shop around when shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal it is possible to.