1. Whenever you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get a discount in the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are accessible to be shipped to you.