1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.