1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Find out the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. Shopping online is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.