1. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a large swerve.
2. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may obtain a discount around the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.