1. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
3. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.