1. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.