1. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will give you an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are selecting a site to shop from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your bank card information, try to find another site. Try to find a web site that offers a good page when you're adding your credit card information.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.