1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up or higher and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Before you start your internet shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Internet shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.