1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are quicker to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on the items and in case there are free shipping options available to you.
5. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.