1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Online shopping is a terrific way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.