1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are in the up or higher and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.