1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Before making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on the items and in case there are free delivery options available to you.
4. Call the web company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.