1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
5. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through another store.