1. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will provide you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
3. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you ought to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.