1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation being a seller.
3. When you are making a purchase online, make certain you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
4. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.