1. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.