1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Shop around when shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal it is possible to.