1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You should visit their profile and look for reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Do not hesitate get in touch with the seller to ask a few questions regarding the product you are interested in.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.