1. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. While shopping online, be sure the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.