1. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make certain you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
2. If a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
3. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.