1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. While shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.