1. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
4. Call the internet company before you make a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want so that you can know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.