1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. If you are going to become doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your own card in the event the number is stolen.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's visiting you fairly!