1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When you are searching for a location to buy an item and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your hard earned money.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.