1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" in the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers experienced a good knowledge of them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.