1. To safeguard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. When shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. If a company has a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.
4. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.