1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
4. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to find out if other customers enjoyed a good experience with them. It is additionally a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. When you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.