1. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. Take the time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
3. When shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
4. Look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can find them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's visiting you fairly!