1. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. Although it may look tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.