1. Talk to your friends with regards to their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
2. While shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, move on to a different site to be around the safe side.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.