1. When a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
2. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of satisfaction.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.