1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. In case a company includes a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a discount code.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
4. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.