1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. When you shop online, be sure the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. When a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
4. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.