1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's arriving at you fairly!
5. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.