1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
3. When a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
4. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount around the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.